Sunday, February 7, 2010

Update on me

Its been a roller coaster these last few weeks.

First of all, the deal to our apartment (that we were supposed to move into in 3 weeks) fell through. The sellers were delaying signing the contract and decided at the 11th hour that they wanted more money. We walked away from the deal with our pride in tact but inside we were freaking out because we have nowhere to live starting the beginning of March. The very next day, our broker sent us a bunch of listings for new apartments and we found one we liked and asked to see it later that day. I fell in love with it- it is brand new floors, brand new appliances, much bigger that the other apartment- master bedroom is enormous (down the road we can put up a wall and build another bedroom its so big). The 2nd bedroom can easily fit 2 cribs, a changing table and room left over for lots of toys. The apt. is a lot more than what we wanted to spend, but we are looking at it as an investment. Things will be tight for a while but we both are so excited and know that we can be comfortable living here and raising our babies for a long time.

We put in an offer and got accepted. We received the contract and we just need to sign it, get our financial papers to the mortgage broker and fingers crossed, be able to move in a few weeks. There is no Co-Op board approval which makes the process so much easier.

This is truly a case of when one door closes, another one opens..

The babies are doing well however, last appointment, it was discovered that my cervix shortened a lot. It went from 3.7 cm to 2.5- I kind of knew this would happen because I feel so much pressure when I walk. Just going from my bed to the bathroom is painful.

So, I am officially on bedrest. Funny, I used to always say I could live in my bed it is so comfy. famous last words... It is hard but I just want these babies to cook for 5-6 more weeks so their lungs will be mature and will be as healthy as possible. I am trying to be good and really taking it easy but knowing there are dirty dishes in the sink makes my skin crawl and I have to wash them.

And.. thankfully, my mom is doing great. She had surgery on her throat- it turned out that it wasn't a tumor, just a beign cyst. She is feeling fine and we are all so incredibly relieved. Now she is really focused and excited to start buying baby stuff for us... squee!

2 comments:

  1. That's great things are working out with the other apartment! Sounds nice!

    I'm glad your mom's surgery went well and that it wasn't a tumor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is going so well! Sounds like a great place!

    ReplyDelete