First of all, it is reassuring when the first thing you see when you walk into a doctor's office is a wall covered with awards saying "Best OB/GYN NY" 2005-2006 and another 2007-2008 as well as photos of him and Brooke Shields with a signed autograph saying "Thank you for everything". Score!
I first went in and got all my vitals checked. Blood pressure- a tad low but they weren't concerned. first time I've been weighed since the whole IF experience and to my surprise, I am exactly the same weight as I was at the beginning. I'm still overweight, but at least I haven't gained more... yet.
Then I talked to the head nurse about my history. She was very knowledgeable and thorough. We decided since I had PGD that rather than jump into getting a CVS, I would do the NT Scan and if anything comes back questionable, then we will go ahead and do the CVS. I am comfortable with that and later I asked the doctor and he concurs with that decision.
Then I had an u/s. Turns out, my ute is tipped backwards- wow after all this time, no one ever told me that before which really shocked me. its no big deal, it just means u/s always have to be vaginally, rathan than abdominally. I saw the two little twinkes just hanging out. They are so cute. Heard their little heartbeats again- baby a is 158 and baby b is 143. I asked if it is an issue that baby B's heartbeat is slower and nurse said it fluctuates all the time.
then I went in to see the Doctor. My OB wasn't there- he was in the hospital delivering so I spoke with his partner- who literally just started with him a week ago. He is a strange, quirky guy- looks like Howard Hess (from WKRP in Cinninati)-- earring and all. But he is smart and has over 17 years experience delivering babies. I do believe Dr. R has more experience delivering twins, so when the time comes I am pretty sure he will be delivering me (I hope).
So, next step is- I go back in 3 weeks Sept. 25th for my NT scan and u/s. I will get the results back from the NT scan in a week and then will decide whether to have a CVS or wait for an amnio.
As far as how I am feeling- it is getting harder finding a comfortable sleeping position. Lying on my side is uncomfortable and for now, sleeping on my back is best. No nausea but wicked heartburn on and off. Tums seems to help for now but if it gets worse, I am going to have to start taking Pepcid. My button down shirts don't fit anymore. I only wear elastic waist pants now. Haven't bought a new bra yet- I think I have a few more weeks left in the one I've got. I do need new underwear- thongs just aren't cutting it anymore :(
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally feel you with the sleeping thing and the elastic pants thing. I used to sleep on my side all the time, and now I find myself on my back a lot, and stretch pants are the only thing I wear. Good luck at your NT scan!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the bump. Wanted to wish you lots of luck! Oh, and I got a nice body pillow to sleep with around 14 weeks during my twin pregnancy. It helped, but wasn't a cure to the bad sleep a twin pregnancy brings.
ReplyDelete