Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CVS cancelled..

and it is a good thing.

But first, in order to get a CVS done, my bladder had to be completely bursting. Well no one told me that and when they called me (after I waited for 45 minutes) they asked me if my bladder was full. So- I had to sit there and drink 4 bottles of water and 1 bottle of orange juice all in like 10 minutes. When I felt like I was going to really pee in my pants, then the nurse tells me she is with a patient and just hold on for a few minutes. Oh sure.. noooo problem. Gah! I kept repeating to myself- Just don't pee on the doctor...

Finally we went in for the u/s and any discomfort I had went away when I saw the little gumdrops wiggling around. The doctor came in and after about 10 minutes of probing my belly he showed me that my cervix and placenta were far enough apart that by inserting the needle through the cervix it would have to go through a membrane on the way to the placenta. If this membrane would be punctured, it would cause an miscarriage. Wow- so glad the doctor caught that BEFORE he started the procedure. So we opted not to do the CVS and instead will have an NT Scan on Friday. Then when I am 15 weeks (pg) will get an anatomy scan and then have the amnio at 16 weeks.

I am much more comfortable with that schedule. I had a really uneasy feeling about the CVS. I am worried that if there is a serious problem, I wont find out until I am at least 16 weeks but I am really just hoping for the best.

In the meantime, I am feeling a bit less tired, heartburn calmed down and still not showing at all. I am going to hold off telling anyone for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment