Sunday, July 26, 2009

ET Done!

After a very nerve-racking weekend waiting to hear from the lab, the nurse finally called us this morning and told us our transfer will be today at noon. Turns out that of the 5 eggs that fertilized, 1 didnt make it so they ended up testing 4 embryos. Of those 4, only 2 were chromosomally normal and able to be transferred. I asked the doctor what the chromosome issues were with the 2 that weren't transferred and he said they both were riddled with issues. Amazing. And to think that had we not had the opportunity to do PGD, I probably would have had another miscarriage. It is a miracle that I was able to get 2 good embryos and I am beyond grateful.

The transfer was painless. They showed me the 2 embryos they are transferring- one is developing prety rapidly (which is a good sign) and the other is a bit slower. They gave me the photo to take home with me- my 1st ultrasound photo- a cluster of cells.

So now the 2 week wait begins. I have another blood test on Wednesday to check my progesterone levels and then my beta test will be on August 5. I am spending the rest of today and tomorrow with my feet up and totally relaxing, even though they told me I dont have to stay in bed.

Now, I am focusing on my mom. She goes in on Tuesday to see if her cancer has spread anywhere else in her body. Her doctors are optimistic that it hasn't. I am praying so hard for her- I hope she will get good news too.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck - with the embies & your mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and sending you lots of sticky embie thoughts and best wishes for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of sticky dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots of baby sticky dust and good positive vibes to your Mom!!

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything sticks!! Good luck! I hope your mom gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. best of luck to you and to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!!! I'm so glad that you got to do the PGD. Sending lots of sticky dust.
    ~smilelari~

    ReplyDelete