Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ER is scheduled

Wednesday at 9 am I check in and prep for the ER (Egg Retreival). I undergo anesthesia and the actual procedure should be about 11 am or so.

I had another U/S yesterday and the doctor assured me that I have enough follicles to produce enough eggs to choose from. I am still worried, but I appreciate an optimistic doctor.

Last night was my first inter-muscluar (IM) shot. These are longer needles given right above your butt but below your lower back. It was the HCG shot- this med signals the follies to mature and release the eggs. It is usually given 36 hours before ER and needs to timed perfectly. So I was instructed to admister the shot at 11 pm. I iced the area for about 4-5 minutes (which helped tremendously) and then my H injected me. Honestly, it was painless. I didn't even feel it go in. This gives me hope that the rest of the IM shots won't be as bad.

Today, I went in for more b/w to check to make sure the medication is absorbed and that my estrogen is still high.

I am feeling good about tomorrow. I think it should be a pretty easy procedure and I know I am in good hands. All I can do is hope and pray for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment