Wednesday, January 13, 2010

my first baby "purchase"

I belong to the Manhattan Twins Club and they send out daily emails on stuff to sell or looking to buy from other Moms. Yesterday, someone posted that she needs to get rid of her Double Snap N Go- basically it is a frame of a stroller and you snap in 2 car seats to become a twin stroller. It is not terribly expensive, but free is always a good price in my book. I should add- I am Jewish and am not having a shower because we believe it is superstitious to set up a nursey or buy things before the babies are born. I am fully behind that concept, however, I do believe that getting basic stuff that you will need from day 1 is not being superstitious, it is being smart. And again, did I mention that the stroller was free? :)

So we went to the Mom's house and picked up our new stroller. When we walked in, her 2 little twins were playing on the carpet- they had so much stuff! bumbo seats, bouncy seats, exercauser, plush blocks, books, ... And then I saw the gallon trash bag filled with diapers- she told me it was just from this week.

But, they were so cute-they smiled and kicked their little legs and babbled. I can not believe that will be my life in a few months (god willing). We folded the stroller and left it in the trunk of our car. It felt so weird and surreal to have it there and definiately did not feel like it belonged to us. But it is our first thing we now own for our babies.. Wow. Ok, breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment