On Friday I went in for my amnio, which is when they take a long thin needle in my abdomen and withdraw amniotic fluid, which contain cells floating around from the baby. The lab will test these cells for chromosomal issues. It takes 2 weeks to get results back.
As soon as the needle went in, it hurt! For about 30 seconds- I was really focusing on my breathing to stay calm. The doctor was narrating what he was doing as he was going along and Gerard was there so I could squeeze his hand. After one was done, then the doc had to do the second baby. He inserted a blue dye to make he was not taking fluid from the same sac. Of course Gerard asked if that meant the baby will come out blue.. LOL! The doc just said I will be peeing blue for 2 days- no biggie.
It took all of 10 minutes and it was over. The babies weren't anywhere near the needle and when it was over, I got into bed to rest for the rest of the day. I felt fine- no cramping, no spotting.
So now, I have to wait until November 6 to get the results back. Truth is, I am just not thinking about it- I am scared and nervous but there is nothing I can do. So I am just going to assume everything is ok until I hear otherwise.
Although anyone who sees me knows I am pregnant, most of my friends who I havent seen do not know yet. I figured I can at least wait until after the results come back to officially announce I am pregnant. I just want to be absolutely sure everything is ok.
We decided that we are not going to tell anyone the sex of our babies. We are keeping that a surprise... so don't try to get it out of me, Melly!!! :) xo!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you didn't have cramping or spotting after... just praying that your results are good ones =)
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of keeping the genders a surprise!
I hope everything comes back normal! Good luck!
ReplyDelete